Pepper 'Sweet Chocolate'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip-lock 12-15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Sweet Chocolate.
2. History: This wonderful sweet pepper variety was bred by Professor Elwyn Meader from the University of New Hampshire (USA) in 1965.
3. Plant Specifications: Early-season. Suitable for growing in a greenhouse and outdoors. Short plant, growing 1.6-2 feet (50-60 cm) tall.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to tie the longest stems so that they do not break because of heavy fruits. The entire bush can bend or fall down on soft soil after heavy rains.
5. Shape and Weight: Three- or four-lobed cube-shaped fruits. There may be fruits with two lobes as well and they are more oblate and resemble Elephant’s Ear peppers. These peppers are smooth, attractive and glossy. Weight: 6.3-8.8 oz. (180-250 g).
6. Color: The fruits are chocolate brown at the mature-green stage and when fully ripe.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet, juicy and crisp. The walls are medium thick being about 0.12-0.16 in. (3-4 mm) thick.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for salads, canning, canning for winter or freezing. The fruit ripens very early so it will be perfect for fresh salads full of vitamins!