- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip-lock 12-15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Truhart-NR. NR refers to its nematode resistance (where 'N' means 'nematode' and 'R' means 'resistance').
2. History: A variety developed from a cross between Mississippi Nemaheart and Truhart Perfection as a result of a recurrent backcross breeding procedure. Both of these parent varieties are affined. The first variety provided nematode resistance while the second one provided the shape of the fruits. Truhart-NR was released on October 20, 2009 by the Agricultural Research Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for growing outdoors and in a greenhouse. Firm medium-size bush growing up to 2-2.6 feet (60-80 cm) tall.
4. Training Instructions: Staking is recommended. This is a bush-type variety but the plants are tidy.
5. Shape and Weight: Elongated heart-shaped fruits. Weight: 2.5-2.8 oz. (70-80 g).
6. Color: Green at the mature-green stage and dark red when fully ripe.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet with a bright pepper flavor. The walls are very meaty and juicy.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for fresh salads, stuffing, canning, vinegar pickling, freezing and drying.