Pepper 'Lanterna de Foc'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip-lock 12-15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Lanterna de Foc or Chili Lanterna de Foc (which means 'Lantern Light').
2. History: An old variety originating from Kosovo. Scoville scale: 30,000-50,000 SHU.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. It can produce fruits for a long time. Suitable for growing in a greenhouse and outdoors. Short plant, growing 1.6 feet (50 cm) tall.
4. Training Instructions: No staking or pruning is required.
5. Shape and Weight: Thin and elongated chili pods with pointed tips resembling the pods of cayenne pepper and being up to 5 in. (13 cm) long. Weight: 0.3-0.4 oz. (8-10 g).
6. Color: The fruits are green at the mature-green stage. They turn bright orange and resemble flames when fully ripe.
7. Flavor Profile: Slightly sweet, juicy and crisp at first and later hot. Spicy pepper flavor. Thin walls.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for eating fresh, making sauces and vinegar pickling. Perfect for drying and making bright orange hot paprika.