Pepper 'Joe's Long'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip-lock 12-15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Joe’s Long. Also known as Joe’s Long Cayenne и Joe’s Super Long. Sometimes the words 'Cayenne Pepper' are also added to the name.
2. History: A family heirloom from the Sestito Family of Calabria, Italy. Scoville scale: about 15,000-20,000 SHU.
3. Plant Specifications: Early-season or medium early depending on where it grows (in a greenhouse or outdoors). It can produce fruits for a long time. Medium-size plant, growing 1.6-2.3 feet (50-70 cm) tall.
4. Training Instructions: No staking or training is required. The plant is firm in the ground.
5. Shape and Weight: The fruits are very long being up to 10 in. (25 cm) long. They are thin and often twisted. Weight: 0.7 oz. (20 g).
6. Color: The fruits are bottle-green at the mature-green stage. They mature to bright red.
7. Flavor Profile: Slightly sweet with a pepper flavor. Very hot. The walls are thin and crisp. You can eat the fruits when they are green or red but they will be hotter when red.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for eating fresh, making sauces and vinegar pickling. Joe’s Long is perfect for making hot paprika because these peppers can dry well. It has turned to be an amazing heavy producer having very long fruits. You can also grow it in a garden bed as the plant is very decorative.