Tomato 'Yellow Fire'
- Availability: Out Of Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Yellow Fire.
2. History: Bred by Fred Hempel (Artisan Seeds).
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for a greenhouse and outdoors. Tall bush, indeterminate, growing up to 6 feet (180 cm) tall. Thin stem, regular leaf. Regular truss, 4-6 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to two or three main stems. Pruning and staking are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Elongated pepper-shaped fruits, with fruits of the roma type having a pointed end (a blunt end in rare cases). Weight: 4.2-7 oz. (120-200 g).
6. Color: Multicolor fruits having red stripes (tiger pattern) on the yellow background. The longer they stay on the bush, the more of the red color they get. The flesh is bi-color being yellow with red streaks in a cut.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet with pleasant tartness. The flesh is sugary and sandy in a cut. There are few seeds, and the walls are thick.
8. Culinary Use: A universal variety. A good choice for salads that are not supposed to have too much juice. Yellow Fire is perfect for canning whole tomatoes. Also great for excellent sauces due to its meaty flesh.
Beautiful trusses are also worth mentioning. The flame-colored fruits resemble candles hanging upside down.