Tomato 'Zebra Ezel'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Zebra Ezel.
2. History: Bred by Tom Wagner (Tater Mater Seeds, USA). Zebra Ezel is a cross from Green Zebra.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Indeterminate, medium-size bush, growing 5-5.5 feet (150-170 cm) tall. Perfect for growing both in a greenhouse and outdoors. Thick stem, regular leaf. Regular truss, 3-4 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It is preferable to train the bush to one or two main stems. Pruning and staking are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: large flattened and round fruits, sometimes with rare ribs near the stem end. Weight: 7-12 oz. (200-350 g).
6. Color: bright red stripes on the green background. The flesh is green and also pinkish in the middle of the fruit. All of the flesh turns to light red when fully ripe.
7. Flavor Profile: Delicious and sweet with pleasant tartness. Tomato flavor with a spicy fruit-like aftertaste.
8. Culinary Use: Very delicious for salads or slicing. A good choice for juices and sauces. The fruits do not keep well after harvesting but with no cracks on the skin.
Zebra Ezel is a new variety and may undergo minor changes in its weight or color. In order to help it become more stable, it is necessary to grow several generations selecting the fruits with the appropriate characteristics. A productive and stable variety.