Tomato 'White Cherry'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
An old variety to become a great addition to your collection of cherry tomatoes.
1. Original Name: White Cherry. This variety should not be confused with the popular Belaya Vishnya (translated in English as 'White Cherry') variety, which has large heart-shaped fruits with creamy flesh.
2. History: White Cherry was bred by tomato breeder Joe Bratka of Elmwood, New Jersey. He also developed a number of other popular varieties such as Candy Isis.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for outdoors and a greenhouse. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing up to 6.5 feet (200 cm) tall. Thick stem, regular leaf. Short regular truss, 6-8 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: The bush can be trained to two or three main stems. Good potential in terms of productivity. Pruning and staking are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Round and smooth fruits, weight: 0.5-0.7 oz. (15-20 g).
6. Color: Pale lemon yellow, translucent, milk color or ivory. Everything depends on the sun exposure and lighting conditions in the area where these tomatoes grow. The fruits will turn yellow with more sun exposure.
7. Flavor Profile: Amazingly sweet! A bright fruit-like flavor. The flesh is juicy. The skin is thin but it has no cracks.
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for eating fresh, salads or dish decoration. Kids are fond of these tomatoes. Keep well but the skin can have cracks in case of heavy watering.
White Cherry is a vigorous variety resistant to major common diseases. It can produce fruits until a frost. It was added to our collection because we planned to collect cherry tomatoes of different colors.