Tomato 'Wagner Blue Green'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
A variety for those who are fond of sweet tomatoes of an unusual color!
1. Original Name: Wagner Blue Green.
2. History: Bred by tomato breeder Tom Wagner (Tater Mater Seeds, USA).
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Perfect for growing both outdoors and in a greenhouse. Medium-size bush, growing 4-5 feet (120-150 cm) tall. Regular leaf. Regular truss, 5-6 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to two or three main stems. Pruning and staking are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Rounded and smooth fruits with no ribs. Weight: 3-3.5 oz. (80-100 g).
6. Color: Intense color. Dark blue near the stem end and green on the non-stem end, which turns olive-green or amber when fully ripe. Bright green in a cut.
7. Flavor Profile: A combination of a very sweet taste and a fruit-like flavor that sticks in the memory for a long time. The flesh is buttery and sandy. Firm walls. It is rather meaty than juicy.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice both for eating fresh and for canning. Keep well for a few days after harvesting. The skin is firm and has no cracks.
It is a stable variety resistant to bad weather conditions and major common diseases. Very interesting and delicious!