- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Slankard’s. Also known as Slankard’s Oxheart.
2. History: A family heirloom variety from Michigan (USA). First introduced in the Seed Savers Exchange Yearbook as early as in 1996.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Indeterminate tall bush, growing up to 6 feet (180 cm) tall.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to one or two main stems, and staking and pruning are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Large slightly ribbed heart-shaped fruits with flat tips. Weight: 14.1-28.2 oz. (400-800 g). The plant can produce fruits weighing up to 35 oz. (1 kg) when flowering is controlled and good fertilizers are used.
6. Color: Pink.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet and slightly tart with a tomato flavor. The flesh is very meaty and juicy enough, and there are few seeds.
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for fresh salads, snacks and canning as thick paste and sauces.