Tomato 'Russian Persimmon'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Russian Persimmon.
2. History: An heirloom variety originating from Russia. This is a well-known variety known as Persimmon or Russian Persimmon and famous for its wonderful taste. According to the name of the variety, the seeds of this variety were brought abroad from Russia long ago but came back some time later. It is quite possible that this is the first variant of this variety.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Indeterminate, medium-size bush, growing up to 3.3 feet (100 cm) tall.
4. Training Instructions: No training is required but it is necessary to tie the longest stems.
5. Shape and Weight: Beefsteak fruits. Weight: 3.5-8.8 oz. (100-250 g).
6. Color: Orange.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet with pleasant tartness. The flesh is juicy and meaty enough. Tomato flavor.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice both for eating fresh and for canning.