Tomato 'Pertsevidnyi Polosatyi'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Перцевидный полосатый, or Pertsevidnyi Polosatyi (Striped Pepper).
2. History: A commercial variety from Russia. The seed producer is Gavrish, a Russian farming company.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Determinate short bush, growing up to 2.3 feet (70 cm) tall. There are 5-7 fruits per truss. A heavy cropper.
4. Training Instructions: No training is required but staking is recommended.
5. Shape and Weight: Long pepper-shaped fruits being up to 0.5 foot (15 cm) long. Weight: 2.8-4.2 oz. (80-120 g).
6. Color: The fruits have a unique color. There are wavy golden lines on the red background resembling a watercolor painting.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet with a tomato flavor. The walls are very firm, the flesh is meaty and there are few seeds and little juice.
8. Culinary Use: These tomatoes are perfect both for eating fresh and for canning whole tomatoes.