Tomato 'Nebraska Wedding'
- Availability: Out Of Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Nebraska Wedding.
2. History: An old heirloom variety with an interesting story originating from the USA. This tomato was often used in churches in Nebraska both as a garnish and as a decoration predicting a prosperous marriage. This tradition has survived until now and Nebraskan brides still receive the seeds of this tomato as a wedding gift. First introduced in the 1983 SSE Yearbook by Dorothy Beiswenger (Minnesota, USA).
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for growing outdoors. This is a bush-type variety with medium-size bushes growing up to 5 feet (150 cm) tall. Thin stem, regular leaf. Regular truss, 3-5 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: No pruning is required but it is necessary to tie all of the longest stems (usually 4-6 stems). It is recommended to provide proper spacing when planting because the bushes need more space.
5. Shape and Weight: Round and smooth apple-shaped fruits. Weight: 3.5-10.6 oz. (100-300 g).
6. Color: Yellow and orange or orange. The flesh is of a deep orange color.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet and slightly tart. Bright flavor. The flesh is meaty and juicy enough.
8. Culinary Use: Delicious in fresh salads, juices and sauces.