- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Медовый, or Medovyi (Honey).
2. History: A variety originating from Russia. Developed by Siberian tomato breeders from Demetra-Sibir, a Russian farming company (Barnaul, Russia). Entered on the State Register of the Russian Federation in 2007. Large sweet pink fruits are worth the chase!
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for growing outdoors but a heavy cropper when growing in a greenhouse. Indeterminate, medium-size bush, growing up to 6 feet (180 cm) tall.
4. Training Instructions: The bush can be trained to two main stems. Pruning and staking are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Huge flattened and round fruits, sometimes with rare ribs near the stem end. Average weight: 10.6-14.1 oz. (300-400 g). However, the first cluster can produce giant fruits weighing up to 24.7-35 oz. (700-1,000 g).
6. Color: Bright pink.
7. Flavor Profile: Perfect for those who love the common traditional taste of pink tomatoes. This variety has a very sweet and well-balanced taste. The fruits are meaty in a cut and the flash is juicy. Pleasant and intense tomato flavor.
8. Culinary Use: Many of us dream of fresh full-flavored salads at the end of the winter. That is why it is recommended to eat these tomatoes fresh (in salads, snacks or side dishes). But the fruits are so large and meaty that they are perfect for making sauces, paste and ketchup for winter.