Tomato 'Lover's Lunch'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
A real work of beauty looking like a fire!
1. Original Name: Lover’s Lunch.
2. History: Bred by Brad Gates of Wild Boar Farms (USA). A recent variety.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing 5.2-6 feet (160-180 cm) tall. A good choice for a greenhouse and outdoors. Thick stem, regular leaf. Regular truss, 4-5 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: The bush can be trained to one or two main stems. Pruning and staking are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Round apple-shaped fruits, sometimes with ribs near the stem end. Weight: 7-14.1 oz. (200-400 g). The plants can produce larger fruits if the conditions are good.
6. Color: A very pleasant color. Greenish and later bright orange wavy stripes on the red background looking like a fire. The flesh is yellow and orange in a cut and red in the middle when ripe.
7. Flavor Profile: A pleasant taste being sweet and slightly tart. A spicy tomato flavor.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for salads, juices and sauces. The fruits keep for a few days after harvesting. The skin can have cracks so it is recommended to avoid heavy watering.
This is a recent variety, which means that there may be certain variations in the color or weight of the fruits. However, our plants met the original characteristics. A beautiful and colorful tomato being a heavy cropper.