Tomato 'Jersey Giant'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Jersey Giant.
2. History: It originates from an old commercial variety known as Jersey Devil. It was a pillar of the New Jersey tomato industry. Very similar to Jersey Devil but with larger fruits.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Perfect for growing both in a greenhouse and outdoors. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing 5.6-6 feet (170-180 cm) tall. Thick stem, droopy regular leaves. Regular truss, 5-6 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to two or three main stems. Pruning and staking are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Long pepper-shaped fruits with pointed or flat tips. Weight: up to 7 oz. (200 g).
6. Color: Red. The flesh is also red.
7. Flavor Profile: A soft sweet taste. Tomato flavor. The flesh is sandy and firm, and there are few seeds and little juice.
8. Culinary Use: A unique variety being perfect for canning whole tomatoes, making salads, sun-drying, drying and freezing. A good slicer. Also good for making thick paste and sauces.
Jersey Giant is a stable variety. These tomatoes are often used for cooking as this is an all-purpose variety.