Tomato 'Jersey Devil'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Jersey Devil.
2. History: An old and popular variety originating from the USA (New Jersey). The variety was named after the State of New Jersey. It was developed by Tomato Seed Co of Metuchen (New Jersey, USA) that is no longer in business. An ancestor to a new variety known as Jersey Giant.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season, indeterminate. The plants grow up to 6.5 feet (200 cm) tall and even higher.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the plant to two or three main stems. Pruning and staking are a must as the bushes are very heavy.
5. Shape and Weight: Long pepper-shaped fruits with curved tips. Weight: 3.5-7 oz. (100-200 g).
6. Color: Light red.
7. Flavor Profile: Very sweet and tasty. Intense tomato flavor. The flesh is firm, and there are few seeds.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for fresh salads and snacks. Perfect for sun-drying, making thick paste and sauces, and canning whole tomatoes.