Tomato 'German Red Strawberry'
- Availability: Out Of Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: German Red Strawberry.
2. History: An heirloom variety originating from Germany. Introduced by Marjorie Morris (Indiana, USA) in the 1990s. Introduced in the Seed Savers Yearbook in 1993. Included in 100 Heirloom Tomatoes for the American Garden (a famous book written by Dr. Carolyn Male).
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for growing outdoors and in a greenhouse. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing up to 6.5 feet (200 cm) tall. Thick stem, regular leaf. Regular truss, 3-5 large fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to two main stems, and staking and pruning are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Round and heart-shaped or heart-shaped fruits with flat pointed tips. Weight: 14.1-24.7 oz. (400-700 g).
6. Color: Red with red flesh.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet and slightly tart with an intense tomato flavor. The fruits are heavy, meaty and sugary in a cut.
8. Culinary Use: A perfect variety for salads, juices, sauces and canning.