Tomato 'Dwarf Arctic Rose'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Dwarf Arctic Rose.
2. History: A release by the Dwarf Tomato Project. Developed in 2005 in Australia by Patrina Nuske Small from a cross between Budai Torpe and Black from Tula. The working name used to be Grumpy. Further selection work was carried out by Sherry Shiesl and Susan Bailey of Alaska (USA), who named this new variety. The variety was further selected by Ted Maiden of LaFollette (Tennessee, USA). First introduced and released by Casey’s Heirloom Tomatoes (Canada) in 2012.
3. Plant Specifications: Early-season. Determinate, short dwarf bush, growing 1.6-2 feet (50-60 cm) tall. Potato leaf.
4. Training Instructions: No pruning is required but staking is recommended.
5. Shape and Weight: Salad-type beefsteak fruits. Weight: 2.8-5.3 oz. (80-150 g).
6. Color: Beautiful pink fruits.
7. Flavor Profile: Refreshing sweet and slightly tart taste. Tomato flavor. The walls are thick but the flesh is very juicy.
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for fresh salads. A good choice for making juices, sauces and paste.