Tomato 'Dana's Dusky Rose'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Dana’s Dusky Rose.
2. History: Found by Dana Gilmore (Dana's Flower and Garden, Pennsylvania, USA) among the yellow tomatoes of the Goldie variety. It is unknown whether this new variety was a result of a cross pollination or a natural mutation. However, Dana preserved this variety because of its excellent taste.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for a greenhouse and outdoors. Tall bush, indeterminate, growing up to 5-6 feet (150-180 cm) tall. Thick stem, regular leaf. 3-5 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to two or three main stems, and staking and pruning are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Flattened and round fruits, with rare shallow ribs. Weight: 7-14 oz. (200-400 g).
6. Color: Purple and pink with olive-green shoulders. Dark crimson in a cut.
7. Flavor Profile: Dana’s Dusky Rose is full-flavored with a bright sweet taste and a nice balance of sweetness and tartness. A spicy, earthy and smoky flavor. The flesh is juicy, buttery and soft.
8. Culinary Use: Delicious in fresh salads and snacks. A good choice for juices and sauces.