Tomato 'Chocolate Stripes'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Chocolate Stripes.
2. History: A variety from the USA. One of the Top 3 'best-tasting' tomatoes of the Carmel TomatoFest event. Developed by John Siegel of Covington (Ohio, USA) from a cross between Tom Wagner’s famous Schimmeig Creg and an unknown pink beefsteak. Introduced to SSE by Al Anderson of Troy (Ohio, USA) in 2007.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Perfect for growing both outdoors and in a greenhouse. Determinate medium-size bush, growing up to 6 feet (180 cm) tall. Resistant to diseases.
4. Training Instructions: The bush can be trained to one or two main stems.
5. Shape and Weight: Beefsteak fruits with cavities or bumps in the upper part making each fruit unique. Weight: 10.5-14 oz. (300-400 g).
6. Color: Very beautiful fruits being dark red with a tint of brown and numerous green and red stripes. The flesh is dark and just as beautiful.
7. Flavor Profile: Very pleasant sweet taste with a fruity aftertaste. The flesh is meaty and juicy enough.
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for eating fresh and dish decoration. A good choice for any canning.