Tomato 'Black Dragon'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Black Dragon.
2. History: Bred by tomato breeders from China. We have grown a number of similar varieties but Black Dragon had a surprisingly great number of clusters.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season but it can be early under good conditions and in case of warm weather. A good choice for a greenhouse and outdoors. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing up to 6.5 feet (200 cm) tall. Thick stem, regular leaf. 4-8 fruits per truss. Regular or double trusses.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to two main stems. Pruning and staking are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Plum-shaped fruits. Weight: 1-1.4 oz. (30-40 g).
6. Color: Brown with a dark brown and green spot near the stem end. Dark red in a cut.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet and slightly acidic. Tomato flavor. The flesh is meaty and sugary.
8. Culinary Use: Very tasty for canning whole tomatoes. Of course, it is also a good choice for any salads, sun-drying, freezing, sauces or any other canning.