Tomato 'Berkeley Tie-Dye Heart'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Berkeley Tie-Dye Heart.
2. History: Bred by tomato breeder Brad Gates of Wild Boar Farms (California, USA). One of the parent varieties was Berkeley Tie-Dye.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for growing outdoors and in a greenhouse. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing up to 6.5 feet (200 cm) tall. Thin stem, slightly bent regular leaves. Regular truss, 3-5 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to two main stems, and staking and pruning are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Heart-shaped or round and heart-shaped fruits. Weight: 7-10.5 oz. (200-300 g).
6. Color: The fruits have swirls of olive-green and green stripes with barely visible silver spots on the red and brown background. The flesh is red and brown.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet with an intense and pleasant flavor. The flesh is buttery and juicy.
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for fresh salads, juices and sauces.