Tomato 'Slivka Bendrika Krasnaya'
- Availability: Out Of Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Сливка Бендрика Красная, or Slivka Bendrika Krasnaya (which means 'Bendrik’s Red Plum' in Russian).
2. History: Bred by Ukrainian amateur tomato breeder Oleksandr Bendrik (Gorodnya, Chernigov region, Ukraine). Developed from a cross between De Barao Yellow and an unknown red tomato originating from the USA. A sister to Slivka Bendrika Zheltaya with yellow fruits. According to Oleksandr Bendrik, plants with these plum-shaped tomatoes look like a waterfall. There are also other lines with round fruits, which are referred to as 'round stones'.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for growing outdoors and in a greenhouse. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing up to 6.5 feet (200 cm) tall. Thick stem, slightly rugose dark green regular leaves. Regular or double trusses, 5-10 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to two main stems, and staking and pruning are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Cylindrical plum-shaped fruits. The fruits have two seed cavities and often have voids. Weight: 1.8-2.8 oz. (50-80 g).
6. Color: Red with red flesh.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet and slightly tart. Tomato flavor. The walls are very firm, meaty and sugary in a cut.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for salads and thick sauces. Perfect for canning, fermenting in weak brine, pickling, sun-drying and freezing. The fruits keep and transport well. A good choice for home gardens.