Tomato 'Kangaroo Paw Brown'
- Availability: Out Of Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Kangaroo Paw Brown.
2. History: Bred by the members of the Dwarf Tomato Project. A cross between Budai Torpe and Cherokee Green made by Patrina Nuske Small in 2005. The first working name was Witty F1. After stabilization and selection, it became the parent of several varieties of different colors – Kangaroo Paw Yellow, Kangaroo Paw Green and Kangaroo Paw Red. Kangaroo Paw Brown was released in 2015 as F10.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for growing outdoors and in a greenhouse. Dwarf bush, determinate and compact, growing up to 1.6-2 feet (50-60 cm) tall. Large rugose leaf. Regular truss, 4-5 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: No pruning is required. It is recommended just to tie the longest stems and to remove the bottom leaves as they grow so that the bush could get a good airflow and could not become too branchy.
5. Shape and Weight: Smooth round and sometimes flattened and round fruits. Weight: 1.8-3.5 oz. (50-100 g).
6. Color: Red and brown with a brown spot near the stem end.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet and well-balanced taste with a spicy flavor. The walls are thick, and there is enough juice while the flesh is rather buttery.
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for fresh salads, canning, juices and sauces. Everybody likes these compact bushes not requiring a lot of care but being heavy croppers.