Tomato 'Hundreds and Thousands'
- Availability: Out Of Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Hundreds and Thousands.
2. History: A heirloom variety. There is also an F1 hybrid also named as Hundreds and Thousands. Its fruits are just as small but the bushes are compact and dwarf while the bushes of Hundreds and Thousands are of the hanging type. The seed vendor has just borrowed the already existing name and the original name seems to be lost.
3. Plant Specifications: Early-season. Growing outdoors and in baskets. Determinate, short bush. Hanging plants growing up to 2.6 feet (80 cm) tall. Thin and knotted stem, round regular leaf. Elongated regular truss, 7-8 fruits per truss. The clusters resemble those of currants.
4. Training Instructions: No pruning or training is required. However, it is recommended to tie all of the longest stems (4-6 of them), and there is no need to tie the remaining short stems. This is the way to achieve good productivity, beauty and purity of your tomatoes. Otherwise, if you grow your tomatoes outdoors without any staking your plants will just fall on the ground. Even if you use agrotextile or straw, this will not prevent slugs from eating your plants. You can also grow your tomatoes in a large (10-liter) pot or basket and the stems will be hanging from the basket.
5. Shape and Weight: Round and smooth fruits. Weight: 0.07-0.1 oz. (2-3 g). Very small resembling cherries.
6. Color: Beautifully red.
7. Flavor Profile: Very sweet, very juicy and flavorful!
8. Culinary Use: You just need to take a small chair, sit down near the bush and eat these tomatoes right from the bush, or you can have your kids eat all of the fruits right from the bush like birds do. An excellent decoration for your dishes to go on top of your salad or roast meat. This variety is so productive that it is impossible to pass the plant without eating some of the fruits. A real cascade of fruits!