- Availability: Out Of Stock
PACKAGING: Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS1. Original Name: Flaschentomaten.
2. History: Developed by German tomato breeder Valery Zonn from the Corianne F1 hybrid, San-Marzano type. This tomato has tall bushes and small and elongated red fruits being 1.6-2 in. (4-5 cm) long. The resulting variety is more productive and has fruits being more than 4 in. (10 cm) long. The Corianne F1 hybrid is a part of so called 'bottle-shaped' tomatoes – Flaschentomaten ('Flasche' means 'bottle' in German). So the name of this variety given by Valery Zonn is the same as the name of the entire group of such varieties.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for outdoors and a greenhouse. Tall bush, indeterminate, growing up to 6 feet (180 cm) tall. The stem is not very thick but is not climbing either, and the leaf is regular. Elongated regular truss with up to 10 fruits per truss!
4. Training Instructions: It can be trained to two or three main stems, and staking and pruning are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Elongated fruits of the San-Marzano type with pointed tips or with a cavity at the top. Weight: 1.8-3.5 oz. (50-100 g).
6. Color: Red.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet but not too sweet. Tomato flavor. The fruits have flesh only, and there are very few seeds!
8. Culinary Use: Its charm is the high content of dry substances in the fruits. This means that Flaschentomaten is just perfect for canning whole tomatoes. A good choice for thick and full-flavored paste and sauces. A real catch for sun-drying! It is also a real pleasure to slice it for salads without any extra juice on your cutting board. Perfect for pizza or omelette – what else needs to be said?