Tomato 'Bundaberg Rumball'
- Availability: Out Of Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Bundaberg Rumball.
2. History: A member of the Dwarf Tomato Project but with no 'Dwarf' in its name. It was developed from a cross between Budai Torpe and Black from Tula, and selected by Richard Allen in the F2 generation. It was later selected and named by Patrina Nuske Small after an Australian sweet treat made with Bundaberg rum. Released in 2015.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for growing outdoors and in a greenhouse. Firm and short dwarf bush, determinate, growing up to 2.6 feet (80 cm) tall. Large rugose regular leaf. Regular truss, 5-6 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: No pruning is required. It is recommended just to tie the longest stems and to remove the bottom leaves as they grow so that the bush could get a good airflow and could not become too branchy.
5. Shape and Weight: Round and smooth fruits with no ribs. Weight: 1.8-2.8 oz. (50-80 g).
6. Color: Brown. Dark red in a cut with greenish seed cavities. The walls are thick and there are two or three seed cavities.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet and well-balanced taste with a pleasant spicy tomato flavor.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for fresh salads, slicing and side dishes. Perfect for canning and full-flavored and rich sauces.