Pepper 'Mini Bell Red'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip-lock 12-15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Mini Bell Red.
2. History: A commercial variety in Europe and the United States. Offered by many popular seed companies such as Thompson & Morgan and Burpee and present in the Seed Savers Exchange Yearbook.
3. Plant Specifications: Early-season. Suitable for growing in a greenhouse and outdoors. Short and compact plant, growing 1.6 feet (50 cm) tall.
4. Training Instructions: No staking is required. The plant needs no special care.
5. Shape and Weight: Cube-shaped fruits with ribs. Weight: 0.5-0.9 oz. (15-25 g).
6. Color: Red.
7. Flavor Profile: Very sweet. The walls are medium thick being about 0.12-0.16 in. (3-4 mm) thick. There are a lot of seeds in the fruits. That is why it is not very convenient to eat them whole with the seeds.
8. Culinary Use: This variety is perfect for those who have little space for growing the pepper. There will be a lot of fruits on a compact bush. The fruits are used for salads, canning and freezing. But they are best for stuffing! They are cube-shaped and small so it is easy to stuff them with ground meat using a teaspoon, and then they easily fit your freezer. This is the way we store these tasty peppers for winter.