Pepper 'Doe Hill'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip-lock 12-15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Doe Hill.
2. History: A nineteenth century family heirloom from the community having the same name in Highland County, Virginia (USA).
3. Plant Specifications: Early-season. Suitable for growing in a greenhouse and outdoors. Medium-size plant, growing 1.3-1.6 feet (40-50 cm) tall.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to tie the longest stems so that they do not break because of heavy fruits. The entire bush can bend or fall down on soft soil after heavy rains.
5. Shape and Weight: Round and flattened fruits with ribs (Gogosari type). Weight: 2.1-2.8 oz. (60-80 g).
6. Color: The fruits are green at the mature-green stage. They turn yellow at a later stage and mature to orange when fully ripe.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet, juicy and crisp. The walls are thick being about 0.2 in. (5 mm) thick.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for fresh salads, canning, canning for winter or freezing. It is best for stuffing and baking or freezing for winter. The fruits fit a saucepan well. They have thick walls and are very delicious in winter.